Potato Korma / Potato Curry
Potato korma made with coconut milk is a wonderful combination for Idiyappam and Ghee rice. By changing few ingredients and adding them at different times gives us the difference in taste. This is a simple version of korma which gives an awesome taste. I have added few veggies with the potatoes.:)
Preparation time : 30 minutes
Spice level : 3 out of 5
No. of Servings : 4
- Onion – 1 (medium size) (finely chopped)
- Potato -2 (medium size) (cut into large cubes)
- Roma Tomato – 1 (Chopped)
- Ginger – 1”
- Garlic – 5 cloves
- Green Chillies – 4
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon – 1/2″ stick
- Cloves – 2
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Coconut milk – 2 cups
- Fennel Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves – 3 tbsp
Method of Preparation:
- Heat oil in a vessel and add the cinnamon, cloves, cumin seeds followed by the onions.
- Fry the onions till they become translucent.
- Make a paste of ginger, garlic and green chillies and add it to the mixture.
- Fry them for two minutes and add the tomatoes.
- Add some salt and coriander powder.
- Fry till the tomatoes are smashed and add some water and the potatoes.
- Cover it with the lid and cook till the potatoes become soft.
- Add the coconut milk and fennel powder and boil it for 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped coriander.
- Serve hot with Ghee Rice or Idiyappam or Chappathi.
- We can add any vegetable with potato. I have added few pieces of beans and carrot.
- Instead of coconut milk adding completely, we can replace 3/4 th of it by regular milk.