Sweet Idiyappam (String Hoppers)
We used to make different varieties of Idiyappam. Already I have posted tomato idiyappam and curd idiyappam. Sweet idiyappam is one of those kind. We can make either with sugar or with jaggery. This time I have made with sugar. This is very simple and tasty recipe. All the sweet lovers will like this for sure. Here is the recipe..
Preparation time: 10 minutes
No of Servings: 1 to 2
How to make Idiyappam?
Ingredients for Idiyappam:
- Rice flour – 2 cups
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
Method of Preparation of Idiyappam:
- Take the rice flour and add the salt. Heat the water. When the water starts boiling add it to the rice flour and mix it with a laddle.
- The dough should be smooth. Fill it in an idiyappam presser and press it in idli steamer.
- Steam it for 10 minutes.
- You can either serve it with korma or you can make different varieties of idiyappam.
How to make Sweet Idiyappam(String Hoppers)?
- Idiyappam – 2 cups
- Sugar – 4 to 5 tbsp (according to sugar level)
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
- Broken cashews – 1 tbsp
- Grated coconut – 2 tbsp
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
Method of Preparation:
- Heat ghee in a small pan, add the cardamom powder and fry the cashews till they turn into golden brown.
- Thaw the coconut slightly in ghee.
- Add the cashews and coconut to the idiyappam.
- Sweet idiyappam is ready.