Idiyappam is a popular South Indian dish made with Rice Flour. You can make different types of Idiyappam like Curd Idiyappam and Tomato Idiyappam.
Tomato Idiyappam is one of the varieties of Idiyappam we make. Tomato Idiyappam is similar to Tomato rice and it is a tasty and simple dish.
Preparation time: 20 minutes (excluding the time for making Idiyappam)
No of Servings: 1 -2
Spice level: 3
- Idiyappam – 1 1 / 2 cups
- Tomato – 1 (large) (finely chopped)
- Onion – 1/2 (finely chopped)
- Green chilly – 1 (slitted)
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp (according to spice level)
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves – a few
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Peanuts – 1 tbsp (roasted) (optional)
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
Method of Preparation:
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds followed by curry leaves and green chilly.
- Then add the chopped onions and fry them till they become translucent.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and toss it for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes followed by salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala.
- Fry till the tomatoes are completely smashed.
- Mix it with the Idiyappam and add the roasted peanuts.
- Add the coriander leaves and enjoy the tomato idiyappam.