ST Authors Meet up – Day 2
Happy Republic Day everyone…
Today is our second day together. We were watching some special programs in tamil channels and just chilling at home. Today we prepared Plantain Fry, Appala Poo Kozhambu, Cabbage kootu, Rasam and papad. And I made this plantain fry which is quick and simple. Here you go…
Preparation time: 25 minutes
No. of servings: 5
Spice level: 3 out of 5
- Raw plantain – 2
- Sambar powder – 1 and 1/2 tbsp (adjust to spice level)
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1tsp
- Curry leaves – a few
- Salt to taste
Method of Preparation:
- Remove the skin off the plantains and cut into slices (neither thin nor thick).
- Heat a tbsp of oil in a deep bottomed pan and add mustard seeds.
- Once they splutter, add curry leaves and toss.
- Add the sliced plantains and salt.
- Combine them nicely and add some water.
- Cover and cook for 6 minutes at medium heat or less.
- Add sambar powder and stir well. Cover and cook for 6 more minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir gently.
- Repeat it until plantain becomes soft and cooked.
- Plantain fry is ready.
Serve along with white rice and sambar/rasam or any gravy.