Dosa ( Rice and Lentil Crepes )
Dosa is a fermented crepe (South Indian Pancake) which is very popular in Southern India. Dosas are very easy to make and they will be tasty to have with sambar, chutney and podi. There are so many varieties in dosa like ghee roast, onion dosa, masala dosa, paneer dosa, paper dosa, podi dosa and so on. Soon you are going to see all varieties of Dosa in Spicy Tasty.
- Par boiled rice – 4 cups
- Urad dal whole – 1 cup
- Fenugreek seeds – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
Method of Preparation:
- You can check the Dosa / Idly batter recipe from Spicy Tasty’s Idly recipe.
- Heat the Dosa pan or you can use even electric griddle.
- When the pan becomes slightly hot, take a ladle full of batter on the pan and move the ladle in a spiral way to make dosa.
- Make the dosa thinner or so that it will be crispy. If you make it thicker it is called Utthappam.
- Spray oil on the top and when it turns golden brown turn it to the other side.
- Let it stay for 2 minutes. Now crispy dosa is ready.
- Serve hot with Chutneys or Podi.