My mom used to make this ridge gourd peel chutney. I wanted to try this for a long time but never did till recently. One of my friends here had a craving for this thogayal and finally I tried it. It was really tasty. We can have it for idly or dosa or even with rice and ghee
Time of Preparation : 20 minutes
Spice level : 3
No of Servings : 2 to 3
- Ridge Gourd Peel – 1 1/2 cup
- Urad Dal – 2 tsp
- Channa Dal – 2 tsp
- Red Chillies – 4
- Tamarind – small pebble size
- Coconut (grated) – 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves – a few
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
Method of Preparation:
- Heat oil in a pan and the channa dal followed by urad dal and red chillies.
- Fry them for 2 minutes and add the curry leaves followed by the ridge gourd peel
- Fry till they become soft and then add the coconut and fry for 2 minutes.
- Remove it from the heat and let it cool.
- Add the tamarind and salt and grind it to coarse paste.